Search This Blog

Friday, December 3, 2010

Introductory Post

Some research.
Hello, and welcome to Retro-fitting the Future. 

While generally I would love to talk about myself, in this instance I prefer to talk about education and the purpose of this blog. Having worked in the education industry for both fun and non-profit over the last ten years, I can honestly say that it is a rewarding experience. I belong to various groups and organizations that specialize in education and training. I also  do my own research into new tools for both face-to-face courses and online courses. 

This blog is dedicated to adult education and the future of adult education, specifically the use of online learning tools to create learning environments.

It is my hope that others will join in to create a community of educators and learners on this blog. Yes, I am including learners here as well (we are all constant learners, remember). 

With the tools that are currently available, emerging, and yet-to-be created, all signs point to a collaborative effort between faculty and students in which the learner expands upon his or her knowledge and presents it to both class members and professor, thus increasing the learning within the class exponentially. It is my hope we can create just such an environment here as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment